• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented delete all contacts of phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

accesstech

Reaction score
Hello

We would like to have an easy way to delete all contacts of the 3CX phonebook, with one single function. This is needed to have an empty phonebook before importing an updated version of the contacts.. As there is no "select all" it is currently really time consuming to delete some thousand items....

Thanks

Urs

Upvote 20
So do we. Have to delete 30 pages of phonebook every time we import from our CRM.

3cx have a tool developed for this very purpose which i've used many times. you should email support to request it.

Reactions: B.Fluehmann
Hello 3cx
If there is such a tool, please provide a link to it. It is really no doable to delete contacts one by one...
Even worse, there is no check when reimporting dublicates.
Complete deletion before import seems to be the way to do it, but deletion of the whole book is not easily possibe.
Or should go lookup in progre???

Thanks

Urs

Reactions: jlinds
I also would like to be able to remove all contacts and import an updated list of contacts. Deleting contacts 1 by 1 takes too much time. Maybe even check boxes with the option to select the entire page and delete a full page at a time?

Thanks,
Tim

Is there really no method for this? Especially since the import is glitchy.

This would be such a useful thing to have. TBH, I don't see why it's not already there and it can't be a big job to do it.
I read elsewhere that someone had been given a procedure by 3CX to clear the phonebook. There was also the suggestion that if you asked 3CX then they'd give it to you but I wasn't successful on that front.
I've found the contacts list in the 3CX database but am reluctant just to clear it out in case it is dependent on something else or something else is dependent on it.

I need this too :(

Anyone who can share?

+1 , we need this too, since the import function doesn't check for duplicates before importing and imports everything again.

Reactions: MVpbx
+1, Here same

+1 for me too.

I've found a way to do it via the database which seems to work fine - I haven't found any side-effects yet. A GUI to do it would be great though.

Reactions: craigreilly
please share your way.

+1

Workaround:
Delete FROM public.phonebook
WHERE fkidtenant = '1'

And then restart the Management Console Service.

+1

Workaround:
Delete FROM public.phonebook
WHERE fkidtenant = '1'

And then restart the Management Console Service.

ok - but you need to know the database credentials... right?

This has been queued for development

We need this funktion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.