Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

delete and re-create extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

Are there any know issues if you delete an extension, and then re-create it with the same configuration exactly (user, extension #, pin #, password, etc.)?

I did just that - the extension previously belonged to a queue, and is now back in the queue. However, it will not be notified of calls to that queue. There are 4 other extensions in the queue that work fine.

You can call this problem extension directly, forward call to it, make calls from it, change the status with the Assistant, etc. All is fine, other than it does not get notified of calls to the queue it belongs to.

I can't seem to find the reason - any pointers would be appreciated!.

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX log showing a call being presented to the extension might be a way to start troubleshooting. Did you delete every instance of the extension (take it out of queues/ring groups) before actually deleting the extension itself?

3. cfive

cfive Member

Hi leejor,

No, I never removed it from the groups and queues before deleting - but in my experience deleting the object itself has typically removed it completely, in the past at least.

The log clearly shows the other queue extensions being notified (it's a ring all queue), with the exception of this one. Also on the assistant, you can see the other extensions ringing, but not this one.

I deleted the queue, and re-created it. We'll see if that brings any joy when they get to work tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cfive

cfive Member

Rebuilding the Queue seems to have fixed it. I deleted the Queue, and then added a new Queue with the same settings and the extension is now being notified as expected.

I'm not actually sure if the issue was created by removing and re-creating the extension - it may have been a hangover from the upgrade from v8 to v9 - when doing version upgrades it seem that one often has to go through most, if not all, of the configuraiton and click "apply" to get things set again.

Anyhow, the system is functioning as intended now :p

Thanks - Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.