Delete Deployment Files on 3CX Server

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Wilgner Garcia, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilgner Garcia

Hi,

I need to know if I can delete the deployment files (packages) on my 3CX server. I have now about 100 "deployment versions", and we want to clean the folder to free space.

And if yes, I can delete the files, Can I delete the last "deployment version"? That version in use on 3CX? Or I have to maintain the last version?

3CX or VAD have a tool, a option or a function to do this?

Thanks.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi Wilgner,

Everytime you deploy a new version of a VAD application, a new folder is created under "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr". You can delete the old versions whenever you want, but be aware of the following:
    - You may need to restart the web server to delete old folders, to release some files (specially if you use DLLs in your project). So you may need to do this during midnight in production systems to avoid downtime, because Digital Receptionist, voicemail, etc will not work when you stop the web server (IIS or Abyss).
    - If you delete old files while the web server is running, you may cause a crash to the web server. In that case you will need to manually restart it.

This is why the VAD doesn't delete old versions when installing new ones. You may need to do it in some special times of the day.

Hope the information helps.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.