Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dell PowerEdge Reccomendation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TCF, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

We are purchasing a new server that will only run 3CX software. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation on which Dell PowerEdge to go with or recommended system specs for smooth operation? We will be running around 75 extensions, 2 call ques and 2 Digital Receptionists.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

How many calls do you expect at any one time (which license edition and Pro or Standard)?

Will you be recording?

3CX has a spec sheet out that defines some of the recommended needs given a call count and edition type:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/recommended-hardware-specifications-for-3cx/

3. TCF

TCF

Yes we are recording around 10 calls simultaneously. We have PRO version and are licensed for 32 active calls. I've seen the spec sheet but it only accounts for active calls not recordings , etc.. I know its not hard to spec out one that will work but I figured I'de throw the question out there and see what systems 3CX users have that are performing well for the application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.