Demo Edition forces activation then disables ring groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giorgiobusoni, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giorgiobusoni

I was an happy user of the demo edition until few days ago, when 3CX started to reject the calls after answering them with a recorded message saying: this feature is not supported in the free version.

Loggin in the web manager pop ups a message saysing that you need to acrivate the free edition to go on using 3CX.

After enabling the free edition, Ring groups are strill disabled, and all calls routed to ring groups still get that annoying message.

I have to conclude that ring groups have been removed from demo/free version?

PS: I was using 3CX 12.5 SP2, I thought that with an old version no license changed would take place....

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've discovered the same thing. It appears that the Demo key for 12.5(still listed on various 3CX pages) has been revoked, whether intentional or not. This appears to happen after a re-boot.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try the current (V14), Demo Licence.

4. giorgiobusoni

thanks, seems to work.

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Indeed the Demo License Key for V12 and V12.5 has been revoked as shortly we will be moving forward one more version (V15).

You can however use V14 which when in the 'Free' state, is as if you had the Demo Key activated on prior versions, so 2 SC with most Pro features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.