Demo license has been revoked

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I support a 3CX add-on product that requires 3CX version 11. (3CX removed the API that this product uses starting in version 12.) The 2-user Demo license is sufficient, and has worked fine for years.

I recently needed to move the 3CX installation to a new virtual machine. I deactivated the license on the old machine and tried to re-activate it on the new machine. This gives the message, “The entered license has been revoked. Please contact the 3cx support for more information.” I went back to the old machine just to try to get something working again, but it gives the same message.

How do I get 3CX version 11 working again?

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You will need to call 3CX. V11 is not really supported and with the changes that have come about as to how the system is authorized, I am unaware of any work around. You can search the blog for details on the changes that have resulted in your issue. They put out a number of notices on the matter months in advance and also provided some upgrades so as to avoid the issues.

I recognize that you may have some application that requires an older version, but the licensing authentication methodology used on that platform is no longer; hence why you will need to call 3CX.

I guess I should also point out that a demo license was intended to be used to determine the suitability of the product to meet a need whereby one could make a decision about whether to purchase. It was not really meant as a perpetual production license, so I would not expect much sympathy by 3CX given that you used the product for years as a demo.

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I believe V11 is the earliest version that supports the new licensing authentication. The last update, build 30296, is called "Update required for activation." See http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/phone-system-12-5-sp1/.

I've reached out to 3CX. We'll see...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Also using the Demo licence in Ve.r 11. I've found that even though there is notification of the update (and has been for a while), it won't, unless you have are paying for support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.