Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Demo license has been revoked

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I support a 3CX add-on product that requires 3CX version 11. (3CX removed the API that this product uses starting in version 12.) The 2-user Demo license is sufficient, and has worked fine for years.

I recently needed to move the 3CX installation to a new virtual machine. I deactivated the license on the old machine and tried to re-activate it on the new machine. This gives the message, “The entered license has been revoked. Please contact the 3cx support for more information.” I went back to the old machine just to try to get something working again, but it gives the same message.

How do I get 3CX version 11 working again?

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You will need to call 3CX. V11 is not really supported and with the changes that have come about as to how the system is authorized, I am unaware of any work around. You can search the blog for details on the changes that have resulted in your issue. They put out a number of notices on the matter months in advance and also provided some upgrades so as to avoid the issues.

I recognize that you may have some application that requires an older version, but the licensing authentication methodology used on that platform is no longer; hence why you will need to call 3CX.

I guess I should also point out that a demo license was intended to be used to determine the suitability of the product to meet a need whereby one could make a decision about whether to purchase. It was not really meant as a perpetual production license, so I would not expect much sympathy by 3CX given that you used the product for years as a demo.

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I believe V11 is the earliest version that supports the new licensing authentication. The last update, build 30296, is called "Update required for activation." See http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/phone-system-12-5-sp1/.

I've reached out to 3CX. We'll see...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Also using the Demo licence in Ve.r 11. I've found that even though there is notification of the update (and has been for a while), it won't, unless you have are paying for support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.