Deploy fails when there are more than 34 audio files?

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by millsey, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsey

millsey New Member

I have just experineced the following: If there are more than 34 files in the audio folder, the VAD stops copying the files and does not deploy the XML files. It then confirms sucessful deployment!

This is a serious problem as we have multiple call flows and we need to use a larger number of wav files. Now I have to move the files around to ensure that only the wav files needed for the flow I am working on are in the audio folder when deploying.

I an not 100% sure this is the limitation - it might be total file size or maybe it does not like one of my audio files. There is no way to debug without trial and error as there is no error or clue that it did nto work - in fact VAD notifies sucess in deploying.

Can you confirm that this is the correct limitation and what can be done.

Millsey

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

There is no limitation in this area. You should be able to deploy any quantity of files. I will make some tests to check if this is a bug.

Something you could try meanwhile is using the "Create Deployment Package" function. With that functionality the VAD copies all the necessary files into a deployment folder. Then you can copy that folder to the 3CX server and deploy locally. That way files are copied locally and not over HTTP.

I'll let you know if I can replicate the issue or if I need more information from you.

Thanks for the feedback.

3. VAD_Support

I have tested with a project containing more than 200 wav files, and the deployment works fine.
    Do you want to send me the wav files you're using?

4. millsey

millsey New Member

Happy to send the files. I was not even aware tha VAD did not have to be on the server.

5. VAD_Support

Yes, you can deploy the project remotely, so you don't need to develop into the server.

6. millsey

millsey New Member

Happy to send the files. I was not even aware tha VAD did not have to be on the server.

7. VAD_Support

Hi Brian,

I received the files and tested with them and found the same problem. The deployment stops on the file "nobodyhere_2.wav" and that file size is 12Mb. In order to fix the problem, you need to reconfigure the web server, because in order to avoid DoS attacks it only allows receiving files up to 4Mb. That's the ASP.NET default.

To change that limit, you need to open the file "%ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\web.config" and add the following under the elements <configuration><system.web>:
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="32768" />

Where 32768 is the new limit in kilobytes. That is 32Mb.

Then you need to restart the web server, Abyss or IIS, so the configuration is reloaded.

This article describes the httpRuntime element and the maxRequestLength attribute:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e1f13641(v=vs.71).aspx

I did that change here and then the deployment started working. Please, give it a try and let me know.

Anyway we need to make a fix because the VAD should not say that the deployment was successful if it was not. We'll work on that.

Regards,

8. millsey

millsey New Member

Thank you for examining my issue in such detail.

Obviously I was mistaken in thinking that there was a limit to the number of files allowed for upload. I was not aware that the delivery of the files was done over http. I will install the VAD to my desktop PC as I have much more screen space than remoting to the server.

I must have added that file in when adding other files needed for the latest version of my self service flow. I also suspect that file should not be so large, the original "nobodyhere" is 800kb so it may have been saved at the wrong bitrate or something like that.

Apologies for wasting some of your time and thank you for your patience assisting me.

Millsey

9. VAD_Support

No problem, I'm glad I had help you.
    Kind regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.