Deploying 3CX to 130 users (110 softphones/20 Cisco phones)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rmayer, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmayer

I plan to deploy 3CX to my company. The majority of users will be using the 3cx softphone with plantronics HW111N headsets (about 110), and the rest will use Cisco SPA504g phones (about 20).

I was wondering if there are any recommendations anyone could make to eliminate any potential problems... for example should I do any configuration in my switches for qos etc... I've scripted the 3cx phone deployment to pull information from active directory so there will be no configuration needed on the users end, it will be as simple as logging in and the 3cx phone will pop up with their extension fully configured (VBS generates the 3cx ini file).

My network:

4 powerconnect 3448p switches
    3 powerconnect 5324 switches
    2 powerconnect 2724 switches
    Patton 4960 connected to Verizon T1 PRI
    3CX running on PowerEdge r200
    130 Users on Dell PC's

Thanks in advanced!

2. rmayer

Yes, the server is dedicated and I have a cloned virtual machine as backup.

How will QOS work with the 3CXPhone? What do I need to set on the switches?

My current deployment plan is using 3CXPhone4.msi pushed out with group policy and a VBS script that generates the ini file for the 3CXPhone (see attachment). The script pulls the extension number from the "Office" field in active directory (we use this for extensions because it's easy to find it using outlooks global address).

We would like to use the 3CX Assistant, however, we have company policy that prohibits the use of instant messenger and until 3CX allows me to block that feature I will not be able to deploy it.

Also, I have not been able to get the call answer button to work on the Plantronics headsets, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

There would be no need to change anything in the switches. They will be handle the traffic out of the box....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As a first condition, Plantronics's Personocall interface application is required to be running when 3CXphone starts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rmayer

I am using PerSonoCall 2.11.7 and have not had any luck. The answer button works fine with x-lite so I know the headset works. I have tried a few other version of the PerSono software with no luck... is there something I'm not doing right?

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Perhaps it might be a different model of headsets - as far as I understand from technical feedback from our customers, not all models are using Personocall. 3CXPhone doesn't "talk" directly with the physical headset, but to this interface application - if this one doesn't provide any input from headsets, then 3CXphone cannot perform desired action. We will check.

7. rmayer

Also, I have a Plantronics DA45 adapter that does not seem to work as well.

Thanks for looking into this!

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You said you're running Personocall 2.11.7, could you tell me also the headset model you're using? I want to check if these two matches each other, since 3CXphone has been tested and works with 2.11.7.
    Thanks
    vali

9. rmayer

I have tried the following:

Plantronics Entera HW121N USB-M
    Plantronics Entera HW111N USB-M
    Plantronics DA45 USB Audio Processor

I could not get any of those to work with the 3CXPhone.

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Thanks for your feedback, I will check and I will provide you an answer (cannot guarantee a fix/solution) as soon I will have also an answer.
    Regards
    vali

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We checked about this with Plantronics.

These headsets
    Plantronics Entera HW121N USB-M
    Plantronics Entera HW111N USB-M

Can not be used as they are specifically designed for Microsoft Communicator. You would have to either return them or use them with communicator. (which does not work with 3CX unfortunately)

Other Plantronics models will work fine.

12. rmayer

Thanks,

Which headsets work with 3cx? Any recommendations?

13. StaffKB

Hi there,

The CS-USB 50 is what we have working in-house.

One would suppose that other models that provide the same identical hardware/software interface to the operating system should also work.

14. rmayer

We're looking for a good low cost headset to use (something around $60). I realize now that the non-MOC HW121N and HW11N can be used with 3CX, so we will stick with these headsets.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.