Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Deploying outside the LAN

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Whenever I try to deploy outside the LAN, I get the "Config Server is not connected" message. What can I do to get this to work? I have an IVR which I've placed on a colocated server, or rather a cloud server, and I need to deploy to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

As I've been googling an error message I found in the event log regarding this issue it seems this is related to the application pool possibly. The error in the vent log is " Forms authentication failed for the request. Reason: The ticket supplied has expired".

The issues that came up when doing my reserach are either the appdomain or something related to url rewrites in IIS7. Is there possibly an issue with using the port number in the url?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

In order to deploy, you need remote access to ports 5484 and 5485. The first is to upload files to the web server, and the second to connect to 3CX and register callflows as digital receptionists.

Also, if you're running 3CX v8 you need to change the configuration of 3CX to allow remote access.

Are you running V8? Have you verified that both required ports are open?

4. pankajnagarkoti87

As I've been googling an error message I found in the event log regarding this issue it seems this is related to the application pool possibly.

5. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I am not running v8 on this one. It was my understanding that the VAD does not yet work with v8. Is it working now?

6. VAD_Support

You're right, the version available to the public only works with V7.1.
    Anyway, you need to open ports 5484 and 5485 in 3CX server, so the VAD can connect from outside the LAN.
    The error message "Config server is not connected" is related to the connection to 3CX to register callflows, using port 5485. Is this port open in your firewall?

7. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

OK, so after your help heres the problem (and solution) I discovered then about this.

When I opened the port in my firewall on the LAN where the development machine with the VAD resides, I stopped getting the error about the config server, but the VAD had a different problem.

To test out the firewall settings I created a blank project and threw on a transferComponent. When I double clicked the transfer component to pull up all the extension options for the destination the VAD would freeze and I would have to kill he VAD in task manager.

But when I set static port mapping to the development machine specifically then all started working.

A really good idea for the designer would be to add a test button in tools->Options->General. A button that could test the connectivity to the urls when configuring them, taking into account the differences with XP/Server 2008, the remote deployment situation I just did and whatever else you could think of for basic connectivity testing.

8. VAD_Support

Thanks for your suggestions, this is definetely something to add to following versions of the VAD.

9. boygenius0709

I have been researching for some bugs on deploying outside LAN on forums for some re-creation of my connections. I have read a few suggestions here that I can try.

10. VAD_Support

Let us know if you need assistance with your problem, post your question, maybe we know the answer and you can save some time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.