Deployment Machine

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlexanderHanna, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexanderHanna

Hi, I’m curious to know what machines others are using for their 3CX deployment. In my case, where a client has a VM, I will deploy to it. However, I’m trying to find a reliable machine that will work for non VM environments.
    Thank you.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The V14 manual does have some information including minimum hardware requirements here: http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/#h.5hoy5wwhhk5c

3. AlexanderHanna

Thank you for your reply. However, I'm aware of the minimum hardware requirements. What I'm looking for is machine name/brand information that others might be using in production.

Thanks

4. snowsam

We have used the medium-low end pizza box 1U rack servers from Dell. Loading it with free vmware and then using the on-board storage allows for upgrading down the road without having to totally reload. When we have time, we have had good luck buying from the Dell Business Outlet site. About every month they have a coupon that lowers the price even more and the warranty is the same as buying new.

5. AlexanderHanna

Thank you Snowsam!

I will check it out.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I've used a SuperMicro (running 2012 essentials) and also a Mac Mini (running Bootcamp - an 80 phone installation with VM)...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.