Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Deployment Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pentangle, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

So, I have a company which is located on 2 sites.

On Site A, there's one person who answers all the phones for the company (first-line), and does the finance and admin side of things.
    On Site B, there's 3 staff who work for the company doing 2nd and 3rd line support.

The customers currently ring up a non-geographic number which is sent to the landline of Site A, where she fields the calls and would wish to pass a certain percentage of calls over to Site B for further resolution.

Given that i'm going to use a mixture of one Patton gateway and a pair of Sipgate VoIP trunks, what is the most efficient design for the network?

A) 3CX at Site A, Patton at Site A, Sipgate at both sites and 3 extensions at Site B all remote
    B) 3CX at Site B, Patton at Site B, Sipgate at both sites and the extension at Site A remote

Also, is it best to assign the non-geographic number to the Patton or Sipgate trunk?
    Also (II), would it be best to have "PBX delivers audio" ticked for the remote Site A in scenario B above?

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I would use http://voxbone.com/ and voip gateway on my primary location (Site A), because lot of calls going here. If you will connect Site A via Site B - any Internet failure between sites will interrupt your primary line at Site A. Then I would connect 2 users at site B via vpn tunnel.
    Secondly I would not use "PBX delivers audio" at extensions.
    Sorry for my English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.