Deployment Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pentangle, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

So, I have a company which is located on 2 sites.

On Site A, there's one person who answers all the phones for the company (first-line), and does the finance and admin side of things.
    On Site B, there's 3 staff who work for the company doing 2nd and 3rd line support.

The customers currently ring up a non-geographic number which is sent to the landline of Site A, where she fields the calls and would wish to pass a certain percentage of calls over to Site B for further resolution.

Given that i'm going to use a mixture of one Patton gateway and a pair of Sipgate VoIP trunks, what is the most efficient design for the network?

A) 3CX at Site A, Patton at Site A, Sipgate at both sites and 3 extensions at Site B all remote
    B) 3CX at Site B, Patton at Site B, Sipgate at both sites and the extension at Site A remote

Also, is it best to assign the non-geographic number to the Patton or Sipgate trunk?
    Also (II), would it be best to have "PBX delivers audio" ticked for the remote Site A in scenario B above?

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I would use http://voxbone.com/ and voip gateway on my primary location (Site A), because lot of calls going here. If you will connect Site A via Site B - any Internet failure between sites will interrupt your primary line at Site A. Then I would connect 2 users at site B via vpn tunnel.
    Secondly I would not use "PBX delivers audio" at extensions.
    Sorry for my English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.