• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Menor

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As a new 3CX Partner I'm trying to collect ideas for staging and deploying systems. My main concern is licensing, I understand that you need a license (free or paid) to get it installed, but since we're staging the PBX at our HQ I have a few questions:
  • How easy is it to upgrade from a free key to a paid key?
  • How do I change the FQDN? Since it was registered was registered/staged with one of our static IPs at HQ.
I'm sure I'll have more questions after I post this thread, but I just wanted to pick at everyone's brains for ideas since we have about 4-6 deployments in the very near future

In my experience, 3CX is not happy being staged. It would be easier for you just to install at customer location at the start

@3CXDude That is what I was afraid of, I'm already seeing that with one of the systems that I'm currently staging.. :(

Upgrading from a free to paid key is as simple as reaching out to distribution and giving them the free key you want upgraded.

You wouldn't change the FQDN. You would simply stage the system as it were at the customer location. When the the public IP of the system is changed it will update the DNS entry accordingly. Or if you simply setup a system in the office and then take a backup and restore on the production equipment it will update the FQDN.

The only thing you have to take extra care with is the local ip configuration. Make sure that the IP you set up the PBX with matches the one at the client.
If the local IP address changes then a re-install is required

@YiannisH_3CX You can change the Parameters to the new local IP address.

@Michael Menor - there are many more fields where the local IP is saved that you can not change from the parameters. I guarantee you will have issues if you do that.

Hi I am a 3CX Partner and i "Pre-Build/Configure" My 3CX Systems off-site before taking them to their final location

1) Install OS, All updates ETC
2) Install 3CX (Don't begin configuring just yet)
3) Image the System (you can use this image to load other computers or as a restore image to speed up OS 3CX, and Update Installs
4) Configure 3CX for the Client and Create a 3CX backup once complete and download it to the PC or Flash Drive
5) Restore the image you made in Step 3 or Uninstall / Reinstall 3CX
6) Take it on-site and run the setup wizard manually this time restoring from the 3CX Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.