Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Desk Phone Questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bboyd, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bboyd

Hello All,
    We have been using 3cx for some time now and we love it. I have it set up currently to send all calls to our mobiles as we do not have an office. That is fixing to change as we are about to move into a new office.
    I have looked over 3cx's list of desk phones but wanted to get a overall collaboration of what y'all are using and what you think about them. I am looking for a good, solid phone, at our old office we had Nortel's T7316. I really liked the phones and they stood up to the abuse of people slamming them around.

Also I would like a phone that is easily programmed and the ability to customize its features, also something that allows for paging thru the phone.

Thanks for you input.

-bboyd

2. joshhough

Hi,

I put in a lot of Cisco SPA range - SPA941/961. Really simple to customise. I've also put in, and use in my office Grandstream phones but they seem pretty old fashioned although the functionality on them is great.

For modern looking and good performing ones i'd use cisco.

Josh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nbailey

nbailey Member

if you want a good easily configurable phone go with the new Grandstream exec models, the yealink T26-T28 range are good also. Easy to configure and setup and the price is decent for a good well rounded phone. PnP provisioning is available for both and ease of use is amazing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bboyd

Thanks y'all. This helps a lot in narrowing down all the choices.

Prob a silly question also but do these phones work well with the 3cx assistant software? I really like the software and it's options.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any difference in operation of Assistant or MyPhone in regard of hard- or soft-phone being used.

Regards

6. willow

willow Member

I love the Yealink 28's as well as the grandsterm 1450, For the price of the 1450 its a pretty good simple office phones. I have also started to get to know the snom and they seem like a reliable choice as well. The Avaya 96xx phones when converted to sip are pretty good also.

7. jsadan

My recommendation would by linksys SPA-941/942 phones. The SPA-941 comes with its own power supply so it will have everything you need to make it work. the 942's run off of PoE switch (Power over the Ethernet) and have a backlight in the screen which is really nice. You can use a intercom function and cant miss the Message Waiting Indicator light on the top of the phone. The menu is really nice and organized for easy setup also.

I recently bought 2 brand new Linksys SPA-942's off of ebay for 12$ a piece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.