Deskphone mode 3cx Voip Client 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by switch2asp, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. switch2asp

Hello All,

First of all, I think I am getting a bit confused regarding the described mode (deskphone mode)
    What I understand from it, is that it should show the status of the Hardware Phone?

Example:
    I have a Linksys (cisco) Spa IP phone which is logged in to our 3cx Server.
    What I thought what was ment with the mode Deskphone, that it should display status etc. for the Linksys phone.
    Am I totally wrong now in this one or?

Kind regards,
    Rene van S.

2. switch2asp

Thanks very much for this clear answer.
    Is there by the way a difference in Client versions (version 7)
    Do I understand correct that there is a free and a commercial version of the client as well?
    Or das that only count for the voip pbx?

3. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

No, only the PBX has Free and Commercial versions. Some of the functionality of the Client is disabled depending on which version of 3CX (Free or Commercial) you are running.

Regards,

Emmet.

4. Jazzar

Hi all
    You can use the client in deskphone mode to dial out from a stored speed dial or dial another extension by just double click on it, however I'm a bit disappointed in the client.
    We are now live on 3CX for about a week now and it's all working fine, we are using linksys spa942 phones and I hoped the client would help my users from a usability point , however the presence functions on the client doesn't work in any mode and I find that frustrating. It seem not to update as it should therefore you can't tell an extension is on a call you can't see ringing and if someone sets themsleves as away it never seems to change back. Also I find to that if I start the client and it happens to be deskphone mode I have to click to change it to headset mode to get it to discover the network and once it's displayed the extensions click it back.
    I'm impressed with 3CX in general , however I'm disappointed in the client.

Regards
    Jim

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Jim

Jim, 3CX Voip Client is already obsolete. Excepting few minor fixes/changes done at the end of last year, basically it's the one fully designed for PBX ver 6. PBX evolved, client no. And this because starting with PBX 7.x, we released the 3CX Voip Phone (http://www.3cx.com/forums/new-update-3cx-softphone-release-candidate-8757.html) a "pure" SIP-phone (excepting the builtin 3cx tunnel), while some of 3CX Voip Client features, those 3CX-specific, now being provided by several standalone modules.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. matictec

matictec New Member

3cx phone works nice but i miss the outlook integration especially for vista 64bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Jazzar

Hi Vali
    So The client has effectively been discontinued, what are you replacing it with ?. The soft phone doesn't have presence, the assistant does,t seem to have speed dial or dial out capabilities and doesn't work if the 3cx server is remote. So from what i can see we now have 2 products which don't seem to combine to make one complete product. OK you may need 2 products ,however would be nice if for example the assistant had all the capabilities of the client as well as its new stuff.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong about the assistant ,but I have not been able to get it to connect as my 3cx server is hosted elsewhere.

8. matictec

matictec New Member

i have the also the problem that i can not connect 3cx assistant with a remote client. when open a vpn connection it works, but i have to add the new given ip of the vpn connection manually to the config-ini. i hope there will be also a new version of the voip client with the integrated tunnel of the voip phone combined with the possibilities of the assistant and the tapi-functionality to integrate the new voip client into outlook or other applications. and it would be a great feature if numbers can be resolved with outlook contacts. and this should be possible with windows xp and windows vista in 32bit and 64bit.

9. Jazzar

Yes if if you use something like logmein hamatchi which is a VPN solution both the client and assistant work very well, however you still have to use use both of these at the same time to get a solutions that gives you everything you need. ie drag and drop for call transfer/parking and presence via the assistant and he client for speed dials etc.....

10. ofik

when you say you have to modiffy the config.ini wich part?

[Listener]
    IP=
    Port=

[Server]
    IP=
    Port=5486

I assume the listener so the server knows who to negotiate with. but any ways non of the options are working for me :( I use a ssl tunnel and my assigned IP is routable to my PBX system on the central network with all ports open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.