• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakib

Reaction score
Hello there. I am just testing with your product. I was wondering How does the server locate phones connected to it? Does it have it's own DHCP running? what if there is another DHCP server running on the network? Your help would be much appreciated.

It's the phones that register with the server. The server does not actively look for them, but registers them when they present themselves to the server.

Most phones will let you either configure them directly using the LCD or the Web GUI, or through a TFTP or FTP server. 3CX does not run as either a DHCP or an FTP / TFTP server. I have configured a few phones through the LCD display and keypad, and also through FTP. I have tested wityh Thomson ST2030 phones and polycom phones, both seemed to work fine. The thompson phone are alot cheaper and seem to have most of the features included.

Hope that helps...

Great !!!

Its great to Have such a quick reply. Another question. I know it might sound a bit stupid.. Can I use the server to serve a phone from a remote location (I think we can by theory) e.g the server having a static Real IP to connect into it from another location (e.g. another country) the phones being in a local network which has a Broadband or Other High speed connection !! Waiting for your reply !! Cheers in advance.

Yes you can, read this topic for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.