Dial 0 for operator during voicemail message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rmayer, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmayer

Currently you have to dial * to reach an operator when the voicemail message is playing. Is there anyway to change it to 0 so it's consistent with the rest of the phone system?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

how do you mean consistent with the rest of the system?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is quite common on other PBX's to "zero out" of a voicemail message and be directed to someone else in the department, or an operator.

4. txkevo

Craigreilly,

What he means is, in other menus a caller can press 0 to go to the operator extension. This was the case in voicemail in version 10. Now in version 11, when listening to a voicemail greeting, the default is * which is inconsistent with the rest of the system. I've got a recently upgraded customer complaining about this as well. Everything else is fine, but that zero button... :)

Any ideas on how to change it?

Thanks!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The zero does seem to work in version 10. I'm quite surprised as I can't seem to recall that option ever being mentioned. I was under the impression that the asterisk (*) was the only method of going to the operator from voicemail.
    I'm wondering if it was something that fell through the cracks (like allowing four digits for ring groups when the normal extension length was three), and was then corrected in in version 11?

6. craigreilly

I guess I have not experienced anywhere being able to press 0 for the operator.
    Even our DR's do not use 0 for anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In many "systems" (probably more common in North America because zero has always been the PSTN default for Operator), the Zero will usually take you to someone else, once you reach voicemail. it may not be an operator, it may just go off to someone else in the same department. In many queues, I find that, after all other options have been listed, to talk to an "agent", you press zero.

8. aparks

Hi,
    We have just upgraded a few customers and this is the only problem we had as well. I am used to the big Nortel systems in which one of the settings is to set your attendant extension when someone presses 0. If the setting is not filled in it goes to the system defined attendant. We have told the customers to change their greetings for those that had it in their message.

The having it as an extension setting would be great for those with department assistants. Maybe down the road this will happen.

Al

9. aparks

Hi,
    We have just upgraded a few customers and this is the only problem we had as well. I am used to the big Nortel systems in which one of the settings is to set your attendant extension when someone presses 0. If the setting is not filled in it goes to the system defined attendant. We have told the customers to change their greetings for those that had it in their message.

The having it as an extension setting would be great for those with department assistants. Maybe down the road this will happen.

Al

10. rmayer

This has become a huge issue for us, we're getting massive complaints from clients that are use to dialing 0 to get an operator. Does anybody know of any way to fix this without reverting back to version 10?

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

This "huge" problem (prompt says press 'star' to contact operator but customer does not follow instructions and presses '0' as many times as prompt ask to press '*') is fixed and definitely included in SP1 :)

12. craigreilly

Stepan,
    This "problem" as you note - does it replace * or is it in addition to *.
    I don't want my users to have to rerecord their greeting to say 0 instead of *...

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I recall reading in the change log, it is any DTMF input that will put the user through to the operator extension.

14. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It works the same as in v10.

15. netswork

netswork Active Member

Stephan,

Why the need for the sarcastic response which seems to be a recurring theme in the forums?

"This "huge" problem (prompt says press 'star' to contact operator but customer does not follow instructions and presses '0' as many times as prompt ask to press '*') is fixed and definitely included in SP1"

If our customers are complaining about a change to a system they were familiar with and now its different, that is a huge problem. As I am sure you well know the end users are not big on change.

We sell/purchase your product...3cx is nothing without the customer. So shouldn't 3CX support/development be happy to resolve a simple issue that some customers have rather than respond to such request with sarcasm? I agree that the request may seem petty but I don't understand your response at all. If I responded to my customers request in that manner I would be out digging ditches rather than installing your phone system.

<off soap box>

TagleRock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.