Dial 0

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jpatterson, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpatterson

I'm on version 10. Does anyone know how to configure Dial 0 to connect to a ring group? In the digital receptionist I have 0 set to connect to a ring group but this seams to work only when the caller is in the digital receptionist. What I'm wanting to do is to configure the system so that if the caller dials 0 at any time, regardless of where they are at in the system i.e. auto attendant, on hold, leaving a message in someones voice mailbox, the call is sent to the ring group.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything like that in 3cx. I have been able to setup dial 0 for calls to go to our receptionist from internal extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am unsure of the soundness of your plan as there may be a number of underlying rules or other commands, code, applications, etc., that are not visible to us as users as "0" does have a fairly universal meaning of reaching an operator. however you might try, at your own risk of course, going to the advanced settings page and then custom parameters and look for the variable operator and changing the value to extension associated to the ring group.

I do not know if a system extension is allowed as I have never tried or intend to, but it might do the trick.

4. gschwab

gschwab New Member

What happens if you set up a dummy extension, then in the Settings / General tab set that as the Operator extension and then in the forwarding rules for that extension send it to the ring group when unanswered (change the default time to something shorter than 20 sec.) or busy.
    Just gussing...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. imperial

Hi,

The way that I was able to do this is as follows:

1. Create a Ring Group with the extensions that you would like to ring when "0" is dialed.

2. Create an extension and set the SIP ID to "0"
    2.1 Set the extension "If call is not answered within 1 second" for No Answer.
    2.2 Tell the phone to forward calls to your ring group for all options and statuses.

3. Do not publish the number in the directory and do not allow anything phone to register against this extension.

Works like a charm. You can tinker with the setting but this is how we do it for all of out customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.