Dial 2 extensions at once, only one ext triggers answered call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TCF, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

Is it possible to dial 2 extensions at once and have only 1 be considered connected? I have an intercom that I want to dial out to 2 extensions. 1 extension is a SIP Paging Unit with a relay that sends a message to Hand Held Radios and the other is an actual phone. The problem I have is I want the Paging Unit to receive a call but I still want the phone to ring, so it should occur as follows.

1. Intercom Call button is pressed.
    2. Sip Paging Unit is called via 1 extension / Phone is called via 2nd extension
    3. Sip Paging Unit Rings triggering the Relay (but the paging Unit should not be considered an answered call as far as the intercom is concerned) It should be a "side call"
    4. Phone continues to ring until answered, when answered the call connects to the intercom

Alternatively, when the Sip Pager answers after 1 second it forwards the call to a different extension. Is either possible?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of a scenario where an answered call, on one extension, can be considered unanswered and continue to ring another.

If the paging system answers, it can terminate the call, or, if there is an option to do so, built in, forward the call (flash and forward) to another extension. For most applications, i can't see that being used, so it probably isn't an option.

If the paging system and an extension were assigned the same number, then both would ring, but the first that answered would get the call, the other would simply stop ringing. Even if they were both members of a ring group, the same thing would happen.

#2 leejor, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.