Dial an Ext during Queue Prompt?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LCE488, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LCE488

In the 3CX manual I see where it states callers can dial a user's extension while the Digital Receptionist Prompt is playing. I want to know if callers can dial an extension while a Queue Intro Prompt is playing?

We do not have our test number setup through our provider yet so i can't test it myself yet.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if that were possible. A call directed to a digital receptionist usually requires the caller to specify where the call is to be directed. A call into a queue has a destination predetermined by the called party. The caller waits (listening to pleasant music) and is then connected to the next available agent/person. They don't get to choose.

3. nbailey

nbailey Member

leejor is correct here. This is not allowed, the only option during a queue is for a callback (with the appropriate license CCE).

Queues are handled differently than an IVR and therefore this won't be possible, as most users of queues want to be able to monitor calls to a queue and being able to transfer to an extension while waiting will not be able to log calls properly.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LCE488

Thanks for the answers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.