Dial an extention from Reptionist's menu

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by peros550, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peros550

Hi

I would need your help. When I call to a company's PBX and get connected with the receptionist I hear the following

"... if you know the extention number please dial 6 and the extention number"

therefore, if I would like to connect to my friend at extention 300 I would dial 6300.
    Can we set up the 3CX receptionist to work in this manner?
    In my scenario, I would have all incoming calls directed to this receptionist and then with the appropriate digits directed to each particular extention.

Thanks

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    Yes this is possible , basically you need to set the Digital Receptionist that for every Key (0 - 9), select Connect to Extension and then select the Extension number.

So when a client calls the DR, and he select 1 the call will be transfered to Ext 100. If client select 2, the call will be transfered to 101 and so on.
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. peros550

Hi

thanks for your response. The problem is that using the method you proposed, you can associate only 10 extentions (0~9 digits).

In case that you have more than 10 extentions how could somebody dial the extention number and then get connected with it?

Thanks

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

3CX does this in a different way, if you want to dial an extension number, simply dial it when you get to the digital receptionist. The PBX will auto detect that you are trying to dial an extension and not a menu option and forward you accordingly. So if you had to make a prompt simply do it " or if you know the extension number please dial it now"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FBW

FBW New Member

We have been using this option for a long time without any trouble.
    You just don't want to get the word out to your customers, right :lol:

6. mfm

mfm Active Member

Either that or we have built a Manual just for fun. 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.