Dial automatically after pickup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NotSwank, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSwank

I have a door phone that will dial an extension when a button is pressed. I need that phone upon pick up to dial 3 digits and # to trigger an alert in the system is there someway to set this up easily?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

the phone needs to support a hotline feature and hotline delay.
    this is not a feature of the pbx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you saying that you need the door phone to dial the digits upon pick-up, or you need the extension that the door phone calls to dial the digits upon answer? In the first case, as craigreilly said, it would be a feature in the phone, or ATA. Probably one that has a dialplan feature such as the Linksys SPA models. if it is the second case, then, that is not something I have seen before and would probably require a "custom build" of some sort involving a speedcall button, a relay and a time delay. But, again, not something that 3Cx would do for you.

4. NotSwank

Yeah I have an 2N Helios IP door phone. That is dialing an extension which is going to "BellCommander" software which I want to have dial a "Notification" to trigger an affect over my Paging system. Thanks for your help! I'll have to keep digging.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the called destination didn't require a person to answer, but simply send DTMF, that was used by the door unit, then you could send the original call to an extensions voicemail that had the required DTMF tones recorded as part of an outgoing greeting. I'm not exactly clear on your set-up, so I don't know if that will work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.