Dial by First name or Last Name

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by craigreilly, Sep 30, 2015.

Dial by First name or Last Name 5 5 14votes
5/5, 14 votes

1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Company Directory

When the company directory only finds 1 match, it should still say "For so and so, press 1" - just in case I spelled the persons name wrong.
    No, I don't want "Brian" I want "Briana" - but "Briana" didn't record her name - so I automatically get Brian.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dezmocom

Hi Team

With the great feature changes in Ver 14 SP1 the following is simply a must for the company directory. Today the company directory ONLY allows the inbound caller to dial the company directory by Last Name. There should be only 1 option to dial by First name or Last name in the company directory.

Also when the user records their "System identification ID" this should be used by the 3CX to play back to the inbound caller when a match is made (irrespective if there if there is more than 1 match) in the company directory.

Minor changes that can easily be done in the 3CX for the next service pack.

Thanks

Bogme likes this.
  3. craigreilly

Re: Dial by First name or Last Name / see also 41942

For the second part of your idea - it is already requested: http://www.3cx.com/forums/company-directory-41942.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dezmocom

Great!

The key is that all we truly need is the option to dial by first or last name ONLY- we do not need dial by last name nor the option to dial by first name ONLY. It provides one option and allows the person calling into the company directory to dial what they know.

The self-ID prompt needs to be simply removed from the existing code to allow the match to happen for any correct match that (1 or more as opposed to 2 or more when it plays)

Thnaks

Andreas

5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Re: Company Directory

Agreed, and we should be able to search by first name, last name, or both.

dcourtney likes this.
  6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yup.
    I think we should have the option to have it be by first name, last name, or both (but I'll be happy with just BOTH). ... and yes, it should always behave as if there was more than 1 option. That way people know they're reaching the right person.

accentlogic likes this.
  7. dcline97

We recently upgraded from Version 12 to version 14. Just after we first upgraded to 12 I remember finding a post that described how to find and modify a sql script that would change the search from last name only to search BOTH first and last names. We modified the script and then replaced the ivr prompt to tell the caller they could search using both names. It worked perfectly! I just realized today that after the upgrade we are back to last name only.

I have been scouring google for the old link that has the instructions, but am coming up empty. I know there has been significant changes between version 12 and 14 so maybe this is no longer possible. The original fix was a simple 5 minute process. Hopefully someone "in the know" will stumble across this and shed some light.

Dave

8. dcourtney

Bump, this has been requested recently by a couple of our customers and has resulted in customer directories made with a user recording everyone's name and assigning a button press. This is of course very time consuming and difficult to manage as each time employment changes the prompts have to be recorded again.

Thanks,
    David

ChuckV likes this.
  9. patricksmalley

We need this, I have several customers who have requested it now and we need it for our own system.

ChuckV likes this.
  10. Silly English Kniggit

It's a bit of a workaround - but there's a powershell script out there that you can use to record all the users names for them which would at least resolve that part of the problem. You need to run it from a Windows workstation so it has access to the speech synthesis API - which I'm hoping is the main reason 3CX doesn't do this automatically.

ChuckV and craigreilly like this.
  11. McAlpha

It is difficult to understand that with so many user requesting this and a simple XML change in version 12.5 allowed us to do this it is not been implemented in a service pack. I do not know anyone's last name when I call into a company. Why is this being ignored? From all the feedback it is apparent that this is a significant issue that should be easily addressed.

ChuckV likes this.
  12. craigreilly

the self-id prompt is needed to say "for 'John Smith;' press 1. For 'Mike Smith' press 2. Otherwise, you need a text to speech synth added.

ChuckV likes this.
  13. craigreilly

powershell script? please...

ChuckV likes this.
  14. craigreilly

can you point in the right direction?

ChuckV likes this.
  15. ChuckV

+1 Customer is requesting First name dial by name. Or Both would suffice. Last name is unknown and time consuming to listen to entire directory to deduce correct person. Bump!

16. Joe Fox

How is this feature not still available? It's such an easy change. Let us at the code and one of us will write it. :)