Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dial by name extension not found for all names tested

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by upcraft, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upcraft

I'm not sure what is wrong here.

I have a simple digital receptionist. Press 9 to dial by name

It does not matter what I type all I get is "extension not found" messages
    I have tried every last name of every extension I have setup and none of them work.
    Most have a voicemail box enabled, none are setup to not show up in company directory.

dialling the extension number directly in the IVR works fine. I can hit 300 and extension 300 rings.
    Only dial by name fails 100%

Using latest version 15.5 sp1 15.5.3849.1
    just restarted the server to make sure it wasn't some stuck background service. Not sure if it's ever worked. it's a pretty fresh install.

these extensions show up just fine in webclient or phones directory listings.
    I tried dialling by first name too.

I tried dialling in externally or just dialling the extension number for the IVR from one of the phones but both have same result.

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @upcraft,

In order for the call by name function to work, the extension that is being dialed needs to have recorded a self identification message. Please make sure that the extension that you are trying to dial has recorded a self identification message. The procedure for recording said message can be found in the Administrators manual here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.