Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

dial code for remote status change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Is it possible to set the status of my extension from another user's extension with a dial code?

I.e. the dial code for Away is *31. I want to be able to dial this for my extension, but from another deskphone that I happen to be close to at the time (our workers are mobile within the sales rooms).

So what I'd like to do, if my extension is x100, is dial something like *31100 from any other phone on the place.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    No there is no such functionnality. You can modify only your own extension status from dial codes or from 3CXPhone.
    You can post this as a feature request on 3CX Ideas : http://www.3cx.com/ideas

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the feature does not seem to be available. I tried it on some of mine extensions as I had never considered the possibility.

While it sounds like an interesting feature, I suspect that it might be considered an option just waiting to be abused. I think it is something that could be an option so that those who want could use it to control other extensions and those that don't could disable the feature and revert/maintain just to their extension only.

You might want to submit as a feature request

4. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks guys. You're right, it could be abused. But there are offices (like ours) where it's a family business and we aren't afraid of the possibility of abuse because of the trust. Plus the convenience of using these "remote codes" outweigh the risk, in our case.

I am thinking the better route here is to convince the users to use 3CXPhone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.