• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dial code to change direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjwerkman

Reaction score
Is there a dial code to change the direction for a extension?
My case: The phonenumber of our company is forwarded to my cell phone, so our customers can reach us in Out of Office hours and on holidays. But now something happend and my collegue is taking my duty for me. I now need to change the direction from the HQ phonenumber to the cellphone of my collegue.
When I'm at home, I can make a RDP session en change the configuration but what if I'm on the road?
Any suggestions on this? Thanks.

i use rdp on my cellphone when i'm out of office. not the perfect solution, but it works

Hi,

you setup digital receptionist and connect incoming call to that digital receptionist. when you get IVR dial 999 nad press "9". then you can change status (available, away...)
on your extension for away or out of ofice status put number of your collegue. so after office hours calls will be forward to you if status is available, if you want forawrd calls to your collegue, dila your DID number and change extension status through voice mail, and calls will be then forward to your collegue.

so basically office hours must be configured and the rest of the story is resolved by changing extension status/forwarding rules

Assuming that you have not customized the defailt dial codes, you could use *3x where "x" is the status you want and you are not using an IVR - go to the Settings tab and then advanced and select dial codes. You can then hover your cursor over each ? to see the available options. You could then change your status as needed and have the corresponding rule setup to handle the call however you want. So, maybe out-of-office sends to your cell and "away" or "customX" sends to your collegue's cell.

The problem will be how to get the system to recognize the dial code. One way is to have the 3CX softphone for iPhone or Android or even a RDP app on your cell. You could also do using MyPhone or even the 3CX softphone for Windows, but having the latter 2 options also implies that you could use RDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.