Solved Dial Code to register/add an Extension to a Ring Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MSmeets, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSmeets

Can a user dial a speed code Dial Code , to get his phone added to a Ring Group ? (or remove from a Ring Group)

Or is it posibble to give person rights so he can set this from Windows Phone?

(in Xelion this is possible , and it's called Hotdesking)

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There is no dial code that allows additions or deletions from a ring group. "hot desking" is usually meant to mean when there is one physical phone being shared by more than one person, but each person has a unique extension number assigned. An example of this is where there is an office that is occupied by Mr. Smith during the day and his extension is 100. At night however, the office is occupied by Mr. Brown and his extension is 101 and in a ring group. So, when Mr. Brown changes the extension over to his profile, he will then be 101 and in the RG.

This following may help and I think other phones (but not all) also support similar -
    \https://www.3cx.com/docs/yealink-hot-desking/

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You may want to use queues to achieve the required functionality as a dial code does exist for queue login/logout. You can find all available dial codes under settings / Dial codes

4. MSmeets

Yes yes, indeed with Queues I can get this to work. But there is one limitation.....there is only one Dial Code possible :(
    I wished I could create a dial code for ech queue instead of a global setting.

Today I want my self connected to queue 'sales' and 'helpdesk'
    Tomorrow I want myself disconnect from every queueu
    next day I only want to be connected to 'sales'

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

If you have PRO license, you may use switchboard (button in the lower right corner of the 3CX phone) to select which queues to be logged-in (in Q-Manager view).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MSmeets

Thank you sip.bg

I did add myzelf to every queue (for testing purpose)
    Started softphone, Manager, selected Q-manager
    Here I could add/remove myself on EVERY queue.
    Good 'workarround'.

conclusion:
    - every user can logon/logoff from a SELECTED Call Queue from there softpone (Manager)
    - the Q-button in softphone will logoff / logon on EVERY Call Queue)
    - if you manually logoffed from a Call Queue from the Q-manager...the Q-button will not work for this Call Queue anymore. You have to first logon again from the Q-Manager
    - you can't create a button on deskphone (logon/logoff from a queue)
    - if you want to controll every extension you have to go to Call Queu, tab 'NOTIFICATIONS' and add yourself as a manager (what a stupid location: on a tab called 'notification' we set rights?...hmm..)

Thank you everyone. Hope my conclusion is usefull for other people in the future

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You may use dial codes *62 / *63 to log-in/out of all queues, like toggling the button 'Q' on a soft-phone, or use soft-phone in CTI mode to log-in/out of queues on a desk phones. This applies only to queues, where were logged before by queue manager. You may program buttons log-in and log-out on most supported deskphones (or dial codes *62 and *63 -- two buttons, no toggle code unfortunately).

This process definitely needs improvement, hope to happen in next SP or in V.16 next year, in other brands you have dial codes like *62 / *63 to log-in/out from all queues or followed by star symbol like *62* / *63* or from specific queue 800 like *62800 / *63800. Following 3CX style may be logging-in/out from specific queue will be allowed also in switchboard at user level.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #7 sip.bg, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.