Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dial Code to Set Custom Forwarding Rule

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xirgo, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xirgo

Hello,

We have some users that do not have access to the 3CX Windows Phone App or the iOS App however they would like to allow their users to set forwarding rules via their phone when they will be away from the office. Using the user web management console is also not an option.

Does 3CX have a Dial code that can allow users to enable call forwarding to a specific extension?

For example, Extension 101 would like to dial a dial code followed by the extension they would want all calls to be forwarded to.

Can this be done?

UPDATED

User dan_tx pointed out a fix
    On all Yealink T4x and T2x units in order to have the forwarding feature from the phones work you must edit the provisioning template for the yealink phones.

Locate:
    Code:
    bw.feature_key_sync = 1
    And replace it with:
    Code:
    bw.feature_key_sync = 0
    Alternatively you can login to the phone's web console and go to Features, Select General Information, Look for Feature Key Synchronization and change it to disabled.

Once this is done the phone will begin to forward calls properly.

For more information please review the posts made by user @dan_tx in this thread!

I hope this information is useful to someone in the future!

#1 xirgo, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What phones are you using? Many phones have the ability to do this rather than the PBX...
    Forward all, Forward Busy, Forward Np Answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xirgo

Yealink,

When attempting to use the Yealink forwarding feature it was not transferring the calls over. Have you tested this feature with Yealink and successfully use the built in feature?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I use fine with Grandstream phones. I have 1 T48 that I beta tested... so I just tried for you, and can not get it to work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    xirgo likes this.
  5. xirgo

This is the same issue that I'm experiencing as well which is leading me to see if there is an alternative to accomplish the same thing via Dial code

Any other recommendations?

6. Sopock

Sopock Member

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

You can use the dial codes *3 to change status of the extension and forward the calls to another extension using the forwarding rules of the PBX.
    You can also set them as BLF's and achieve this with a press of a button.
    For example *31 will set your extension Away

8. xirgo

This would work except it does not give the option for the user to set a custom forward to extension. What I mean by that is that we would be required to login to the management console and point the forward to rule when the user sets their status to away. It does not let the user for example to perform a *31#ext# where "ext" would be there the 3CX would forward their calls to when the away status was enabled.

As craigreilly mentioned with other phones you can simply set the feature on the phone to forward calls however with Yealink phones the forwarding feature does not work

I have also tested it on Snom phones and snom phones worked without any issues.

9. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Mmmm, I got it to work on my T48G…

On the phone I press “Menu > Features > Call Forward > Always Forward”
    Then set “Always Forward” to “On” and in the “Forward to:” field the extension number.
    Save the settings and the phone forward all calls to the extension number you just filled in.

10. xirgo

So far I've tried it on Yealinks T41, T46 and T26 and all do not work.

Which version of 3CX are you running? We are running version 15. I tested this on V15 Linux and V15 Windows versions. I also tested it on-prem and cloud hosted and all give the same results.

The Yealink phones all have the latest version of the firmware pushed by 3CX.

I also went into the Yealink Web page and made sure the settings were showing up there.

I also ran a syslog from the yealink phone to see review if there were anything being shown in the logs with no success.

Lastly I installed an older firmware on one of the yealinks to see if it may be a bug in the latest firmware and im still getting the same results

Not sure what else I could try at this point.

Do you have any phones other than the T48's that you could test this on?

11. complex1

complex1 Active Member

I'm running v15 SP4 - Windows 10 Pro - on-premise
    I'm too.
    I have successfully tested with a W52P/W56P base and W52H/W56H handsets.
    I don't have other Yealink phones here for test.

12. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

I have a yealink T42G, 3cx V15. Yealink firmware is latest on the 3cx portal. Unable to do call forwarding from the phone, so appears same issue as reported above. Goto Features, Call Forward, Always Forward ->ON and put in ext. When calling it rings as normal and does not forward.

13. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

Did a wireshark on the 3cx server and testing this. The Yealink phone does not appear to be sending the 302 Moved Temporarily command back to the 3cx server. I don't know why. If I do a manual forward on an incoming call, it shows up in the wireshark and the forward works.

**Found Fix**

So did some googleing and found a yealink change log that mentioned not sending the 302 move when feature_key_sync was enabled. THey said the fix was to either disable that or add UseLocalFwd =1 to the config. Well adding to the config didnt work , probably because it is for a different model phone. However disable feature_key_sync fixed it, now the phone forwards as it should.

This was on a yealink t42g.

**edit below*

Specifically, the line of code to add to the yealink config file is

bw.feature_key_sync = 0/1 (1 Enables, 0 Disables and Auto Call Forwarding works)

The source that provided this information was a release note here in the below link in the pdf "YealinkSIPPhoneChangeLogofVersion61-04202447213.pdf"

http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=21

Just search for "302" and you'll find this line
    --------
    43.After enabling “Feature Key Synchronisation”, the phone will not send 302 message to the server when No Answer Forward

Instruction: When UseLocalFwd=0 and “Feature Key Synchronization” feature is enabled, the phone will not send 302 message to the server when “No Answer Forward” is enabled. Instead, the server will transfer automatically.
    When UseLocalFwd=1, the phone will send 302 message to the server. The default setting is 1. This feature can only be configured via auto-provision.
    --------

UseLocalFwd doesn't do anything, but disabling feature key does :)

#13 dan_tx, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    xirgo likes this.
  14. xirgo

Hey Dan!

This is an amazing find.

Do you know if disabling feature_key_sync in the provisioning template for the Yealink models in question will cause any other issues?

I guess what im asking is what is the feature_key_sync exactly used for?

Thanks again!

15. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

It's suppose to sync the status of DND and the different call forwarding options of the phone with the pbx server. This obviously doesn't work anyway so I don't see the harm in disabling it.
    I think having it enabled is the reason the phone doesn't send the 302 message because it assumes the pbx already knows about the forward.

16. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

Another tip for anyone using Fanvil X4's or Fanvil x5's. The same issue occurs with call forwarding not working when enabled from the phone using the default templates/provisioning. The fix is pretty much the same except it can be done via the web interface.

Goto "Line" -> "SIP" -> and Uncheck "Enable Feature Sync" Then call forwarding will work when enabled from the phone directly. If it is enabled, unconditional call forwarding will not work from the phone.

17. lpendas

Hello, great post!
    I have Yealink T21pE2 with same issue but solution provided did not work for me, i am uploding config file with bw.feature_key_sync = 0 (previous value=1).
    Any other user with same problem/fix?
    Please advice,
    Kind Regards.

18. VictorSP

Tested "Feature Key Synchronization" to DISABLED (by web) with Yealink T20 and working. I'll try with custom template.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.