Dial Codes - Extension Not Found

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Johnathan Penberrthy, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnathan Penberrthy

We are using Grandstream GXV3275 & GXP2200 phones. Which of course is not a supported provisioning phone. Though extensions are working using the SIP protocol.

When using the Dial Codes (like intercom/paging), we get a "Extension Not Found" Voice prompt. All other dial codes are not working as well. Intercom/Paging was working when using asterisk.

Any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What digits are you sending to the PBX? Are these the correct dial codes? Is this confirmed in the 3CX logs?

3. Johnathan Penberrthy

I have confirmed the dial codes in the settings.

Codes like paging/intercom as *99(EXT) are being sent, and even dial extension VM as *(EXT).

All being seen in the logs as answered for a couple seconds or not answered.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Navigate to settings / Dial tone settings and verify that the Dial codes match the ones you are dialling

5. Johnathan Penberrthy

As with my prior post, I have confirmed the dial codes.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, if I understand correctly, even dialling the voicemail system number reaches a recording saying that it is not a valid extension? If hhat is the case, then compare (in the logs) dialling the same digits from a non-Grandstream set and one having the issue. Couls it be an internal dialplan that is modifying the digits sent to the PBX?

7. Johnathan Penberrthy

No the voicemail extension of 999 works. Just any code in the "Dial Code Settings" page does not work. The voicemail extension setting is in the Voicemail page under settings.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So anything with a "star" code then? If that is the case, then perhaps the set is just not sending the star (just the digits), for some reason. Again, perhaps, some internal, set, dial plan?

9. Johnathan Penberrthy

This is the dial plan on the phone: { x+ | \+x+ | *x+ | *xx*x+ }

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't used Grandstream dialplans previously, but that would appear to be the default plan, which should work.
    To invoke a feature, are you hitting a key, or actually dialling a star code? If you dial a star code, what digits does the 3CX log show that it received? Just the digits minus the *? If you are simply pressing a feature button, then perhaps that/those buttons are simply not programmed to send the correct code for the 3CX PBX. Different PBX's can use different codes and being a "non supported set" may mean that "configuration" is required to make the keys compatible with what 3CX expects to see when using a feature.

11. Johnathan Penberrthy

Nope, the person dials *80206 to invoke the intercom feature (which worked on PAIF asterisk). 3CX does show the call coming in as *80206, or any other dial code.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

13. Johnathan Penberrthy

Even the *9(EXT) setting does not work as well. No star code works.

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could this be a DTMF Method issue?

15. Johnathan Penberrthy

Even if this worked just fine on the old asterisk system. Also all phones are local to the phone server.

16. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

{x+ | \S\Px | \+x+|*x+|*xx*x+} is the string for Grandstream that I am using - atleast on newer firmwares.
    Dial codes working without issue for me. (ie: *9200 to server room)

I see mention of
    *<ext> - what should this do?
    *99<ext> - intercom (default is *9<ext>

Do those phones have their own packet capture ability? If not - then setup a port mirror on your switch and run Wireshark on a laptop... Did you reset the phones to factory before provisioning for 3cx?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.