Dial codes for Shared parking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjb1231, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjb1231

We have many locations using one 3cx server. We have the need to have one parking spot for each location. With 3cx you can use dial codes to park and unpark calls such as *01 will park in spot #1. I have increased the number of shared parking spots to 49, and dial codes to park in these spots do not work. *040, *0040 do not work when trying to park a call. You just guy a busy signal on any parking spot above #9.

Is there some configuration I am missing?

3cx V11

2. tlsallada

At default there are nine slots open for parking. you can increase that at 'Settings - Advanced - Call parking - Select Call Parking Places'. Just increase it up to a max of 50.

3. tjb1231

HI tlsallada, I have increased the number of spots to the maximum. I have since restarted the services and even the server and I still cannnot park calls above spot 9.

Thanks

4. tjb1231

I should add under System Extension Status I do see all 50 spots registered and ready to go.

Can someone verify they can park a call above spot 9 using dial codes?

Thnaks

5. einherjar

"Shared Parking" is not the same as "Parking Orbits". The SPx extension numbers refer to Shared Parking. "Parking Orbits" are accessed using the *0 and *1 key sequence. Parking Spaces, accessed through dial codes (*00 - *09) are limited to those 10 'spaces'.  There is no way to increase those as far as I know.

Shared Parking is set up by programming buttons on the phone for access 'extensions' SP0 through however many you want to use.  These can then help to 'mimic' the old key telephone systems, where you had 'line' buttons.  If you place a call 'on hold' in a Shared Parking space, then that light will either flash or change color (depending upon the phone brand/model) showing that someone is 'holding' there - very similar to placing a caller on hold on the old key systems ("holding on Line 1"...).

This only works well with certain phones that have been designed to work with this feature.  This is a unique feature of 3CX.

There can be up to 50 Shared Parking spaces.  These are accessed using BLF keys (on Yealink phones, they have a specific setting for "Shared Parking" for the programmable keys on the phones).

6. tjb1231

Thank you for the explanation on parking orbit and shared parking.

We currently have Aastra phones and I have setup the BLF for shared parking spaces. The feature works correctly with these phones but the indicator light does not. Sometimes the light stays lit or will not turn on.

This deployment has been viewed as a bit of a failure because I cannot get this function working correctly. What phones work well with this feature?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.