Dial extension #

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by norperu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. norperu

is it possible to have an IVR that ask the caller to enter the extension # if they know it?

Is there a system variable you need define or someting?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes,

Works out of the box.

All you have to do is to make the caller aware of it. For example:

" If you know the extension you can enter that now or Press 1 for sales, Press 2 to talk to IT Farmer.....''

You have to enable the Digital Receptionist (that is the IVR) but from there it is all out of the box.

3. norperu

what about using this PBX to dial a line from a cellphone?

ie: I call from my cellphone to the 3cx an then I get access to an outside line, then I can call long distance using my voip provider.

4. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

only way I can think of that this would be possible, is perhaps if you dial the extension in IVR, but you have the extension redirecting to a specific external number abroad, the number obviously has to be inputed in the extension configuration page, and it has to have infront the outbound rule defining which provider you will be using. Why don't you try that and let us know how it goes? But if you want to dial a different number everytime, then I am out of suggestions.

5. norperu

Yes, i had tried that allready. and that woked fine. I was able to redirect calls to anywhere. But I wanted to either get a dial tone or input the # i wanted to dial. is there a way to set up a variable in the system like %outbond% that is recieved from the telephone key pad and then stored in the 3cx software and then in your transfer you dial 9%outbound%, nine being your rule.

If there is nothing like this, it would be nice to maybe have it in the next release.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is done before but than on the ATA (SPA3102). But it would be nice to see something like that in the IP PBX software :).

7. silentfun

silentfun Member

yes but if they implement that they have to secure this by something - for example the incomming caller have to give his (Name=extension and pin=extensionPin) then 3cx can handle that like an internal extension outgoing call and possible they can put it in the logs as extension outcall perhaps with a status that it was call troughcall

8. gbarnes

access via gprs

I use a .php script on the server to accept gprs connections, and set the outgoing divert all number of a dummy extension. Then I can call the system and select that extension number. Not very good security I know, but with a four digit or five digit extension number, it would be OK

9. Ralph

Ralph Member

This may sound a bit nuts

Is it possible to run X-Lite or some other type of soft phone on Windows Mobile??

If so, and if you have internet access via your cell phone service you could accomplish this by connecting to the internet and using a soft phone on your smart phone to make calls :?

I know is a little strange, but I can't help it. Someone poses a question and I have to find a some sort of work around. Call it a weakness :roll: