Dial in and Dial out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MB1, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB1

MB1

Hi,

How can I configure 3CX so that I can make an external call to a 3cx extension, then dial a security code and be able to make a call out again from another extension. Not quite sure of the technical terminology, but essentially I want to make a call from my mobile phone into 3CX and then be able to dial a pin and be able to make a sip call.

Thanks in advance.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You can allow extensions to be able to dial out from the voicemail menu.

Go to Settings > General and on the Global Options tab you will see Enable Outgoing Calls in Voicemail menu.

Remember this is global so applies to all extensions. The "security code" you mention is the pin for voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MB1

MB1

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried what you suggested, but ran into a couple of problems:
    1) When calling from an outside line I can't access the voicemail menu at all (99).
    2) From an internal extension I can access voicemail, but when I press '9' for options and '3' to dial a number I get a message "Call forbidden by administrator".

Thanks again in advance.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

OK

A little known trick to get to voicemail from outside. You have to go through a digital assistant. When the DA answers then dial the voicemail number (99 in your case) it will ask you for the extension and then the pin. Then you can dial out.

There are a number of ways of getting to a Digital Assistant so use whichever suits.

Assuming you set the allow calls from voicemail in the settings then you may have to restart the system (restart all) to get the changes to take.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You want a DISA trunk...http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Real-DISA-trunk-access/71757-9854

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

+1

I cannot vote on it at my account needs to be approved again.

7. MB1

MB1

Voted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.