Dial Menu inside of a call won't work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by papalegbo, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papalegbo

When I place an outside call to a number that is answered by a digital assistant, I am not able to use their menu. For instance "Press 0 to speak with an operator" I press 0 (or any number) and it does not register on the other end. I am using a Cisco SPA525G and the Grandstream 4108. Any idea where the problem is??

2. FBW

FBW New Member

Have you completed the Digital Receptionist config?
    If you don't add an action to the keys 0-9 there nothing will happen.

Or is your problem the other way around? Meaning that your phones don't send a DTMF signal to a called number?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. papalegbo

It is the other way around - the calls are not sending a DTMF signal to a called number. I am not sure if this is an issue in the phone config, the grandstream or 3cx system.

*****SOLVED******

The issue was in the phone configuration. Under the "Ext 1" tab (and all other Extensions beigng used) I had to change the DTMF Tx Method from "Auto" to "InBand". This solved the problem and now all works great.

Thanks for all your help!

4. FBW

FBW New Member

That's weird.
    We're using Snom and Grandstream and have never had that issue on 3CX.
    Did you check your Grandstream's config? Maybe a firmware update and a factory reset would be advisable...
    On my Grandstream I have set in the Account1: Send DTMF "in-audio" and that seems to work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you get outside calls with "no DTMF sent" problems, that pass through a gateway, then it is usually the method that DTMF is being sent from the set. The gateway has to be able to interpret and then generate the tones to the outgoing line. This requires each end, the set and gateway, to be pre-set to"agree" in how they will handle DTMF.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dtmf-rfc2833/

6. mazter

Hi guys,

I have been working on a similar problem for last 2 weeks but I can't seem to find any result. We have ticket pending on 3CX support as well and we keep capturing pcap data for them but I wanted to hear your opinions. We have Polycom IP 321 - Grandstream GXW4108 - 3CX setup. Here are the symptoms:

-From Polycom, I can call other extensions, transfer calls to internal extensions
    -From Polycom, when I call external numbers, I can't dial their sales, customer service etc.
    -From Softphone, I can dial those external extensions that I was not able to do with Polycom.

So this is making me think that Polycom's DTMF settings are not compatible when I log in to Polycom interface, there is no DTMF settings under any of the tabs. I am seeing this settings "Remove End-Of-Dial Marker" under SIP parameters but I can't find any explanation as to what it would affect if I change it.

These were recommended by 3CX support so far:
    -Upgrade firmware to latest - done, no effect
    -Reset phones and re-configure from scratc - done, no effect
    -Change settings under extension and PSTN settings to "PBX Delivers Audio" - done, no effect

These would be my questions:
    -Do you see any other tests that would help us to pin point to the problem?
    -Have you guys had any experience with this specific model number?
    -How can you change the settings of Polycom phone settings from 3CX? (via templates but how?)

I'd really appreciate any advice / suggestion in advance.
    Thanks

7. mazter

This solution fixed our problem, thanks to 3CX support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.