Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dial Out Prefix

Discussion in 'Windows' started by pgtdriver, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgtdriver

Hey all liking the 3CX softphone for windows alot!

Is there anyway to set a dial out prefix on this phone? I need it to dial "90"

If I put "90" in front of the number I just get a busy signal. Just tried out xlite and I was able to specify a dial out prefex which allows me to make calls. As of now I can only call extensions in the office with 3CX. There must be a simple way to dial 90 before the numbers.

2. pgtdriver

Also if I just do 90 I get the dial tone of our PBX. Just stinks that I can't enter numbers after this.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about inserting a pause after dialling an access prefix that is required for outside dialtone?

4. pgtdriver

Not sure, the technical term is a "dial out prefix" or atleast thats what my PBX vendor calls it. I need to dial "90" then the number.

If I dail 903157292290 it just dials 90. I also tried 90+3157292290 which also just dials 90.

5. pgtdriver

No one ever needs to use a dial out prefix? This seems to be an option on all other SIP soft phones I have tried out.

This is killing me as 3CX from my stand point is leaps and bounds better than most others like x-lite.

If I just dial "90" I can get our dialtone. Id I add any numbers after "90" they don't get dialed.

Please does anyone know of a way around this?

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Are you using 3cx Softphone with 3cx Phone System?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pgtdriver

Nope its an old iwatsu PBX, then we have an iwatsu media converter hanging off of that.

All other functionality works. I can dial "90" to get out but then can't dial any further numbers.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You problem may be in that media converter and the way VoIP works. It may be the setting for DTMf Method that you have in the 3CX phone. The initial digits "90" will be sent with a SIP message and are then converted to DTMF by that converter, then passed onto the PBX. After that, the 3CX phone has to send DTMF audio, not SIP messages (you should hear the DTMF when you press each key). That should go right through to the PBX, and possibly right out on a trunk to equipment at the central office (depending on your PBX).

At this point, I do not believe that the 3Cx phone is capable of switching mid string, from one type of signalling (SIP message) to audio DTMF, in a stored number (by using a comma or other sign). But, it is capable of sending DTMF (from the keypad) if the options are set correctly. Look for the DTMF Method options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.