Dial Out - Rings for only about 20 seconds.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by APalmer, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APalmer

I am trying to figure out why my 3CX system hangs up on users who are ringing numbers that have no reply. If I ring the same number from my mobile phone the phone rings until someone picks up.

Any idea where I change this setting?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

We need a bit more info...Outbound calls? VoIP provider or Gateway? If it's a Gateway, what make? Did this just begin or has it been this way from the install? What do the 3CX logs look like?

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Just tested this, the pbx wll dial and ring and ring until the world ends as long as your phone has not disconnected the call then you can continue dialing. This completely depends on your provider it might decide that after 20 seconds it disconnects it. Speak to your provider to change this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. APalmer

Only just checked back for replies. I emailed my provider who did some diagnotics. They came back to me with this repsonce...

Ideas?

*edit*

Using a SIP trunk from Node4 (http://www.node4.co.uk).

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html

Log can explain situation. wireshark capture also may provide additional information.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

After you send the digits to your provider, you (3CX) should receive a SIP 183 Session Progress Message (I got your digits and I'm processing the call, cut through a voice path). I'm guessing that for some reason 3CX isn't seeing this and assumes that the far end is not responding at all, and drops that call. Wireshark should tell you if this message is being sent back from your provider. In some cases where the called party answers immediately (a call that goes to voicemail?), there is no time for the SIP 183 to be sent, instead a SIP 200 OK is sent which means that the called part has answered.

7. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hey,

Yes provide a screenshot of the ladder of a wireshark capture so that we may look at it, it should provide us with some more information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.