Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

dial out via 0900 provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smiling, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiling

Hi!

Here in Holland we have a number of companies that offer 0900 services to dial-out to a GSM on a much lower rate that the normal rates. This works as follows:
    1) dial the 0900 XXXX number,
    2) waits for the message stating the rate applied
    3) dial the actual GSM number
    4) press '#'

Is there a way to incorporate this mechanism into 3CX? That way a user could dial the 'normal'GSM number, and I could have 3CX route is via the 0900 provider and have a much lower rate! Suggestions anyone? Or should this be a feature request?

regards,
    Menno

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can have 3CX dial the 0900 number, but, there is no way (that I know of) to insert a pause, then continue to dial a second number.You would have to dial the GSM number manually. VoIP collects dialled digits as a complete group and then send it out as a complete group.

3. smiling

Hmmm ... this is kind-of what I expected. Pitty. BUT on the bright side: I found a "new" (betamax) provider that gives me the same rates for mobile in The Netherlands. Setting that up is "a walk in the park".

Thanks anyway!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately any delay and second number/PIN dialled would have to be handled by the set itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.