• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dial plan for Linksys RTP300

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPGregory

Reaction score
I have not had any success in devising or finding a dial plan that does what I want.
Simply this is as follows:

Long dial tone.
Dial a 7 digit number (for local calls) - no restrictions.
Dial a 10 digit number (for long distance calls) - no restrictions.
Dial any number - no restrictions - (two digit * codes and x11 calls)

Does anyone have a plan or can devise a plan such as this?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Lynnie G.

Is this used as a 3CX extension? If so then the 3CX outbound rules will come into play as well. The dialplan within a SIP device, for the most part, allow calls to be processed by the provider (3CX) faster, as there is no 5 second wait for more digits to be dialed. All Linksys internal dialplans are pretty much the same, this is a link to one tutorial on line, if you search there are quite a number more. http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

This dial plan works for me with my SPA2102, PAP2T, or SPA504G when used stand-alone with my SIP VoIP providers:
(*xx|[349]11S0|<:1NPA>[2-9]xxxxxx|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

It accommodates vertical 2-digit star codes, 311,411, and 911 dialing, as well as 7-digit, 10-digit, 11-digit, and international dialing. Replace NPA with your local area code to facalitate 7-digit local dialing.
This blog article explains the basics of crafting dial plans for Linksys and Cisco ATA's: http://blog.cqvoip.net/2010/03/understanding-dial-plans-for-spa2102.html

Thanks for the help.

I have a plan now that does what I want. I even gained a little understanding of how it functions. I also found out that if a phone/ATA has its own dial plan it can and does cause conflicts if 3CX also had the same star codes implemented. For instance: My Linkksys RTP300 is configured as an ATA and has Vertical Service Activation Codes that can be set under the Regional settings tab. I found a couple of default settings that conflicted until I cleared the settings on the Linksys. If you want the codes on the Linksys then changed the codes in 3CX I believe there are many that are unused in common between the two that can be selected (for one OR the other) that would resolve any conflict.

Many SIP devices are intended to be used directly with VoIP providers and can require some "customization" to work properly, (eliminate conflicts) when used with a PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.