Dial plan for Linksys RTP300

Discussion in 'Windows' started by LPGregory, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPGregory

I have not had any success in devising or finding a dial plan that does what I want.
    Simply this is as follows:

Long dial tone.
    Dial a 7 digit number (for local calls) - no restrictions.
    Dial a 10 digit number (for long distance calls) - no restrictions.
    Dial any number - no restrictions - (two digit * codes and x11 calls)

Does anyone have a plan or can devise a plan such as this?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Lynnie G.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this used as a 3CX extension? If so then the 3CX outbound rules will come into play as well. The dialplan within a SIP device, for the most part, allow calls to be processed by the provider (3CX) faster, as there is no 5 second wait for more digits to be dialed. All Linksys internal dialplans are pretty much the same, this is a link to one tutorial on line, if you search there are quite a number more. http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

3. gpsjeff717

This dial plan works for me with my SPA2102, PAP2T, or SPA504G when used stand-alone with my SIP VoIP providers:
    (*xx|[349]11S0|<:1NPA>[2-9]xxxxxx|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

It accommodates vertical 2-digit star codes, 311,411, and 911 dialing, as well as 7-digit, 10-digit, 11-digit, and international dialing. Replace NPA with your local area code to facalitate 7-digit local dialing.
    This blog article explains the basics of crafting dial plans for Linksys and Cisco ATA's: http://blog.cqvoip.net/2010/03/understanding-dial-plans-for-spa2102.html

4. LPGregory

Thanks for the help.

I have a plan now that does what I want. I even gained a little understanding of how it functions. I also found out that if a phone/ATA has its own dial plan it can and does cause conflicts if 3CX also had the same star codes implemented. For instance: My Linkksys RTP300 is configured as an ATA and has Vertical Service Activation Codes that can be set under the Regional settings tab. I found a couple of default settings that conflicted until I cleared the settings on the Linksys. If you want the codes on the Linksys then changed the codes in 3CX I believe there are many that are unused in common between the two that can be selected (for one OR the other) that would resolve any conflict.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many SIP devices are intended to be used directly with VoIP providers and can require some "customization" to work properly, (eliminate conflicts) when used with a PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.