Dial Plan on Cisco SPA phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

Anyone familiar with configuring the dial plan on cisco SPA phones. The default template is x* for the dialplan. My customers would like to not have to press the dial soft key to dial the number. I am just not sure of the syntax. We require a "9" to reach outbound rules. So I need a dial plan on the phones that will allow them to dial 911, 9+911, 9+7, 9+10 and 9+11 Digits.

If anyone is familiar with the dial plan syntax and can give me some pointers it would be appreciated. Thank you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

I have not done it in a while but i know it is a real pain on the polycoms. you have to build a plan for everything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

SPA is an excellent device with powerful dialplan. Search Cisco/Linksys sites for admin guide - there is a detailed explanation.

The prefix '9' should be deleted by 3CX outbound rule. The dial plan at SPA phone in your case should look something like:

(<:9>911|9,[349]11|9,[2-9]xxxxxx|9,[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9,00xx.|9,011xx.|[01-8*]x.)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Don't forget to include something to allow calls to other extensions ,voicemail and the like. Depending on how many digits you have your extensions set to , and what range of extension numbers you use...You should include (within the brackets, and based on 3 digit numbers with extensions NOT beginning with 1), (2-9xx), as well. If you wish to include a rule for 911 (no preceding 9), which is a good idea as not everyone that may use the phone for an emergency will know to dial a 9 first, then you need to create a separate outbound rule in 3Cx for that specific number that does not strip the 9.

A couple of sites that give additional info on Linksys (Cisco) dialplans...

http://forum.voxilla.com/cisco-linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/do-craft-dial-plan-string-9511.html

http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.