Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dial Plan - Outbound calls to 2 gateways

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Serey, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serey

Hi all,

I have configured one analog-PSTN-Voip Gateway and one VoIP provider. I would like that :

- By default all outbound calls go trough the analog-PSTN Gateway
    - If the PSTN line is busy, a second outbound call goes trough the VoIP gateway.

Is it possible to change the dial plan behavior when the IP PBX detects a busy line ?

Thanks,

Fabrice

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To answer this question you have to understand what a dial plan does, it is build up out of possible 5 :

Endpoint addressing
    Path selection
    Calling privileges
    Digit manipulation
    Call coverage

These components are addressed when the caller dials the digits.

What you want is call fail over, i am not aware that 3cx deals with this. It uses the gateway it is told to use based upon the dailout rule.

I see a feature request comming up here and that is:
    use the next available gateway when dialing out (or incomming) should be configurable.

Back to your question.

The closes you can get to that now is to have a dial out rule per gateway, so that when the caller gets an engage signal they can use the other gateway by using a different prefix.

At this point in time I do not believe that this is done by 3cx, the SPA3102 has a fail over feature that can be used but that is on ata level and outside the control of 3cx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.