Dial Through Via Gatewayed 3cx PBXs

Discussion in 'Windows' started by erike4, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erike4

I was promised by the VAR that we could set up our 3cx system to allow us to call the PBX in one country and have the call be dialed out in another countrys office on our hardware. He has hesitated and never came up with the answer. Does anyone know how to make this work (without assigning a bunch of extentions to fixed numbers). I have got a dial out from our South Africa PBX to go to an outside line in Mozambique, but dialing into the South African PBX and selecting a variable number (basically getting another dial tone) to dial out locally from our MZ PBX is a bit beyond me. Thank you in advance. Erike

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are talking about a DISA (Direct Inward System Access) port, where you dial a PSTN number, get dialtone, enter a PIN, and get outside dialtone. 3CX doesn't have that option. The closest is the dial out option available in the voicemail menu.

If you are using two 3CX PBX's at your two locations you can bridge the two (trunks) and set up dialplans in both that would allow you to dial a prefix (to tell the originating 3CX that the call is to go to the other 3CX) and then the remote number. The call would go to the remote 3CX and then out on a local trunk as if it were dialled from an extension on that PBX.

3. erike4

Thank you - But distressing news. I did get part you described working only after defining the bridgr virtural numb as extention 00 (somthing was flip floped in the call from thing).

Thanks again and have a nice newyear.

Eric

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you dialled your local numbers as 9+, and haven't yet used the digit 8 an an access digit, you could set that up for routing calls over the bridge. 8+(remote number)->bridge. Add or strip digits as necessary so that the number will be sent as if it were being dialled, from an extension, at the remote PBX, then the dialplan at the far end would apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.