Dial tone turns to busy signal in 5 seconds or so

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lsi, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsi

lsi

First off, I want to say thanks for all the posts I've been reading in this forum. After much digging, I've been able to setup my PAP2T device that's local in my home to connect to our server which is a thousand miles away. We have a dozen remote workers and until now, we've had to use Vonage. I'm very much looking forward to all the features that a real PBX will give us.

The problem I'm now having is this: when I pick up the phone, I have dial tone for about 5 seconds and then it goes into a busy signal. I'm trying to extend that dial tone, because I'm certain my fellow users will bark at me for the short dial tone.

Any advice? I'm thinking this is a setting in my PAP2T, but don't have a clue what to look for.

Thanks much!

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

In the pap2t (I dont remember exactly where it is but maybe under the sip heading) there is an interdigit short timer and and interdigit long timer. The long timer needs to change - make it about 10 seconds. There is a consequence to this though - the box will wait for 10 seconds after the user dials to know that it is the end of the phone number.

There are two ways around this = use dial plans (read cisco notes on them to get them working with all the combinations you want) as soon as a dial plan is matched it dials. Or get your users to press the # key on the phone at the end of the number (e.g. 505-555-6666#) the # signals the end of the number and the box will dial. This is much less complex to set up and relies on users. If they dont hit the # they wait for the timer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lsi

lsi

Thanks for the post, Mark!

I didn't see anything about the interdigit long timer, but the dial plan stuff was pure gold. Changing that extended the dial time and learning about S0 to immediately place a call was awesome as well.

Thanks again!

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You are welcome! The S0 is saying Short Interdigit Timer to Zero

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.