Dial tone + WAN requests

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by The 10th Doctor, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 10th Doctor

Hi All,

I'm just trialing 3CX at the moment - liking it so far! :)

I have two questions, if someone could help?
    1) If I have a VoIP "Generic SIP Trunk", is it possible to get 3CX to emulate a dialtone when I try to dial out? I guess not, but I figured I'd ask

2) I've port forwarded the correct ports, and I'm trying to connect externally (i.e via Public Internet). The phone won't register, and the server shows the following:
    SIP request (REGISTER) from XXX was rejected. Reason: Block WAN requests is ON.
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP XXXX:5060;branch=z9hG4bK466831111

Is there some setting I've missed, I can't seem to find anything?

Thanks for any help :)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Your SIP device provides dialtone. You can simulate a second dialtone (such as one after dialing "9") using a dialplan within many ATA's and SIP phones.

You mean 3CX won't register with a VoIP provider, or, a Phone won't register with 3CX? If you are Xing out an IP, you only need to do part of it. I don't know if it is a public IP or an internal IP.

3. The 10th Doctor

Thank you, I'll see if I can find one for my SIP Phone. I don't suppose there's a generator for them? I did a quick search but only found some for Asterisk... maybe I can modify them

An external phone won't register with 3CX, the 3CX server just shows that in the log and the phone shows 'registration failed'

Thanks for the help :)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm still not clear on what you are trying to accomplish. When calling out on a VoIP trunk, there will not be dialtone as you are not sending DTMF out on the trunk. You, or the PBX, send a SIP message. A gateway (to a PSTN) trunk could be set up for two stage dialling, so that after an access code, you would cut through to the dialtone from your POTS line. I'm not sure if that is the sort of thing you are thinking about.

This can be caused by a number of things. Can you include another log showing the registration attempt and just X out a few digits in the middle of the IP's. What sort of phone is it? Is it located behind a router? Is it set to use STUN? Does the firewall test pass at the 3CX end, in other words, have you forwarded all of the necessary ports? Does the 3CX end have a fixed Public IP or do you use a dynamic DNS service? What make/model router are you using at the 3CX end? Is there any other firewall in use?

5. The 10th Doctor

I want to emulate a dialtone when a user presses 0 to get an external line, despite me using a VoIP trunk.

Code:
    SIP request (REGISTER) from 120.XXX.XXX.16 was rejected. Reason: Block WAN requests is ON. 
    REGISTER sip:sip.domain.name:5060 SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 120.XXX.XXX.16:5060;rport=5060;branch=z9hG4bKPjRmgFc3JJTsDwpMn0-Ld493qU-7YoB89R
    Max-Forwards: 70
    To: "Me"<sip:20@sip.domain.name>
    From: "Me"<sip:20@sip.domain.name>;tag=Yoyv86BXZpNaL2vahf5LxhkKDVIDu2J5
    Call-ID: fZStWXT89SM1FxcOYexWtYkz6p4Sjsfs
    CSeq: 38172 REGISTER
    Expires: 120
    Allow: PRACK, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, MESSAGE, OPTIONS
    Proxy-Authorization: Digest username="20",realm="3CXPhoneSystem",nonce="414d535c03bc4bdc33:9d28e54ba7bf8567480e28d61d139f76",uri="sip:sip.domain.name:5060",response="9409420b9015401bc3bbc293cb920ecb",algorithm=MD5
    User-Agent: 3CXPhone for iPhone 1.0.23
    Content-Length: 0
    Phone: 3CXPhone for iPhone but I've also tried a Yealink T28
    Behind router: Yes, it's a 3G connection but also tried a broadband connection
    STUN: Yes
    Firewall test pass: Yes
    Fixed public IP: Yes (I have an A name of sip.domain.name pointed to it)
    Router at 3CX end: Asus N16 (ports 5000-6000 TCP and UDP forwarded to the 3CX server)
    Other firewalls: No

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not going to happen on the softphone. You can simulate it using the internal dialplan on a Linksys ATA or SIP phone, or others.

There are additional ports that require forwarding, Have a look at this post..http://www.3cx.com/forums/the-portforwarding-faq-hope-this-gets-a-sticky-1697.html

What version of 3CX are you using? The latest (Ver. 10) is supposed to have an option to block outside registration on a per extension basis.

7. The 10th Doctor

I'd be quite happy with that, I've got both a SPA504G and a SPA525G connected which I'd like to hear a dialtone on. I better start understanding dialplans, yes? :)

Thanks for that!

I am indeed using v10, and I feel quite stupid. I found a "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" tickbox for the extension. Could have sworn that wasn't there, but what do you know. It now works :)

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are a number of sites with explanations of crafting a Linksys dialplan, this is just one of them. http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&login=1&app=search&vw=1&articleid=5179

You probably want to use something similar to the "9," example they show for outside calls. Don't forget, your dialplan has to include all of the internal (3CX) numbers as well.

9. ezhou

I'm getting same error trying setup a phone. What was the fix?
    Error messages >>>>>>SIP request (REGISTER) from XXX was rejected. Reason: Block WAN requests is ON.

I checked all the ports are correct...

Please help...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.