Dial tones / Park / transfer calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by georgi0, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgi0

I have install a 3CX V.15.

i have the following issues:

1. Dial tones/delay in dial. The dial tones do not sound like the ones from local telephone company (Greece) I dont hear the usual tone we have when i dial a phone. Also the is a big delay 2,3 seconds from the time i dial the phones (not extensions) until the system dials and i reach the final destination. I hear at least two tones from UK/USA and then the system dials with the right tone outside, acts like it's working then.

2. How do i transfer calls from the extensions? either the IP phones like YEALINK or the analogue ones connected via a grandstream gateway? I can seem to make it work and we need to park / transfer calls at the office.

thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Dialtone (all tones) is/are determined by the configuration in the set/ATA. This is set by the configuration file send by 3CX (or, manually set). You would have to change the tone-set used, in 3CX, then create new config files and have the sets reload.

As for the delay. this is common if there is no internal dial-plan configured in the phones. The phone must send all digits at once, so if you have not specified how many digits you will be dialling (a dial-plan), the set will wait for a pre-determined time, to ensure it has all the digits before sending them to the PBX.

Methods of transfer (attended and non-attended) can vary from set to set. It may be a transfer button on a VoIP set, or a hook flash on an ATA.

3. georgi0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.