Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dialing 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thereverend, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thereverend

thereverend New Member

I have 3cx version 12, I was wondering what the steps are so that I can remove the need to dial 9 to dial out. I don't mind dialing the area code i am in if needed. Just need to remove the need to dial 9 can someone please tell me how to do this step by step? thank you in advance!!!

2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

What model phones are you using with 3CX?
    When you dial a number do you have to hit the send key after dialing it or does it send right away after dialing?

It is not as simple as just removing a check box depending on your current setup but it can surely be done.

Also can you attached a screen shot of the outbound rules?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Use Outbound rules, ideally you will have three rules if in UK

1. Rule 1 - Numbers with prefix of 9, you would strip the 9 - so it does not matter if person adds a 9
    2. Rule 2 - Local numbers, check the length of the dialled number and add the local std
    3. Rule 3 - Numbers starting with 0, just dial the number

Check out - http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/outbound-rules-a-complete-example/

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The use of a prefix digit is done for a number of reasons. It keeps the outbound rules a lot simpler and it allows manual selection of "other" routes if installed. It can also avoid conflicts with internal extension numbers, in some cases.

In countries where the national dialling plan has a prefix digit "naturally", such as zero, then it can be used in routing much like the 9. If local numbers can start with eight or nine different digits, then you have to use digit length , or create a number of rules to accommodate the variations.

In short, it means that you have to take into account, all possible outbound local, national, and international number, along with "special" short numbers, such as emergency access, and create individual outbound rules that will handle them all.
    In 3CX you can create these along-side the 9+ rules so you can be sure that all calls will work before removing the old rules.
    You may also have to consider any internal (to the set) dialplan, that pre-screens numbers, if your phones are so equiped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.