Dialing an extension after being connected to another party

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MITM, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MITM

Hello,

We have a new install of 3CX ver 10 with Yealink T28P sets. When any of our users dial a number after initial connection is made, for example they dial 888-000-0000, get the auto attendant and are directed to push 1 for sales, pushing the 1 key does not register at the other end. This happens with any number they are connected to, toll free or local. We've tested it on 4 different sets so clearly I've not set something up in 3CX or the Yealinks. Would that fall under outbound rules??

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA,
    Tim

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Re: Dialing an extension after being connected to another pa

Hi, could you install the 3CX Softphone and test and confirm if it does the same with the softphone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MITM

Hi Dave,

Probably can't do it tonight but will try to fit it in tomorrow and report back to you.

Thanks,
    Tim

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

No worries.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds like the DTMF method set in your phones does not match that of your gateway, or is not compatible with your VoIP provider. You didn't specify which one you use for outside calls.

6. willow

willow Member

if you provision the phones through the default template in 3cx the DTMF method is RFC2833. you will need to check what your voip provider is setup for and what your phone is setup for. and possible any pstn gateways if you are using them. Normally RFC2833 is the best way to go but not always.

7. MITM

Sorry haven't been able to get back here to post. Also I should have given more detail about the setup.

Leejor and Willow: This system isn't using VoIP, we have a Grand Stream GXW4108 gateway and 4 POTS lines.

David: Haven't had time to load the softphone still want to try to get it installed, will post back after that.

Thanks,

Tim

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's why I said

Check the DTMF Method used by your gateway and compare it to that set in the phones.

9. willow

willow Member

on the grandstream pstn gateways there is an option to negotiate with peer. i would turn that on if it is off so the yealink and the grandstream negotiate on the dtmf payload type. i also have mine hardcoded in priority to RFC2833 first.

10. MITM

DTMF is set to RFC2833 in both the gateway and phone. They are both set for a payload type of 101 as well. I could not find the option to negotiate with a peer in the gateway, only a box to enter the payload type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.