Dialing extensions outside of extension group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jdutchyn, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdutchyn

Hey everyone, this is my first post!

The problem I am encountering is that I have several phone extension groups. Each group has it's own DID/ring group. What I want to prevent, is users from dialing other extensions in other extension groups.
    Is this possible, and how do I achieve this?

Thank you in advance!

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

If I understood you correctly, not sure what is the importance of DID/ring groups, you can limit extensions being called from other extensions by using exceptions into forwarding settings of extension which you don't want to be called from others. If you have many extensions this setting could be tedious. This is a way for implementing boss-secretary feature for example.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you were designing a PBX set-up from scratch, which would allow you to plan the numbering scheme of the extensions, you could block internal calling within the sets dialplan. Not all sets allow for this, and implementing on a system currently in use would be difficult. Generally (on most systems), internal calls are not blocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.