Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dialing from Outlook "File Not Found"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by stevef, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevef

When I dial from Outlook using the VOIP client in Desk Phone mode, my phone rings, I pick up and i get a "Hold on while I Transfer your call" message. Then instead of dialing the number I get a "File Not Found" prompt.

Any ideas.
    Using Outlook 2003
    Latest VOIP client as of today in DeskPhone mode.

What is the system doing to receive a "File Not Found" prompt ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. darrellchapman

What did the server log show? It provides very useful information when trying to diagnose problems however, in this case, I don't think the data would be very useful. I will assume though that it's the server saying "file not found" via a voice prompt, correct?

In any case, try restarting all 3CX services. If the problem persists, restart the machine. If the problem still persists, perform a backup and reinstall the 3CX server software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeremyn

did yo ever work out this issue as we are experencing the exact same problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.