Dialing from the Web

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rklockner, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rklockner

I am a web developer and am building out a web based CRM for a client. They have a 3cx phone system and they have told me that it should be able to click a client phone number in the website and have it dial the client.

I have no idea where to start with this. Any thoughts by anyone?

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Of course that's what somebody using the Skype "Click To Call" feature wants, linking every number which resembles a phone number and making your browsing experience even more taxing.. but I digress.

There are URL types of SIP and TEL, but I don't believe either are associated with 3CX Phone or MyPhone (or soon "both in one").. but I imagine that "it could".

I tested a couple of HREFs for SIP:mySIPid@mydomain.com as well as TEL:15035551234.. both could be told how to open something, sure. I suppose if you could train Windows to open these types using something, it might work. Seems beyond scope for a web dev guy, however.

Again, sounds like a Skype user wants 3CX to do that, too. Submit a feature request.

If the do implement, it would be nice to see it match on the app store.. I saw other SIP/VOIP clients come up on the offer, but not 3CX.

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Dialing from the Web is possible if you are using the 3CX MyPhone utility, even phone calls to skype names are possible. :)
    Please follow the 3CX MyPhone User Manual http://www.3cx.com/blog/myphone/
    I don’t know if v12 support this feature, but v11 does.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Dial from web is not possible in v11 without an add-on for your web browser. In Internet Explorer, this would be an Accelerator.
    We created an Accelerator that called an ASPX webpage to do the work.

It wasa webpage on our intranet that the user entered their phones IP address. It then created an XML file. The user then clicked a button to install the XML
    Code:
    <button id="myButton" onclick="window.external.AddService('http://intranet.americanavc.com/dialer/installWebDialer.xml')">
       Install Web Dialer</button> 

Then when they highlighted a phone number they can right click and choose the accelerator to dial with.
    We do this with Yealink phones... which have a string to make the phone dial:
    Code:
    http://user:pw@10.0.3.65/servlet?number=%number%
    There might be other ways to do this too, but this worked for us.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.