• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dialing Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereverend

Reaction score
Hey there,
How do i get rid of the need to DIAL 9 to make an outgoing call.. Can i have 3cx set up so no 9 is needed to dial out?

thereverend said:
Can i have 3cx set up so no 9 is needed to dial out?
Yes, you can.

A lot depends on how your provider wants to receive numbers (where you live in the world). Many, that don't want to have to use a prefix just base the outbound rules on length rather than the first digit. If you live somewhere where all local numbers start with the same digit, then you can use that a basis for an outbound rule. If you are still stuck, then provide some examples of the numbering in your area.

thereverend said:
SY said:
thereverend said:
Can i have 3cx set up so no 9 is needed to dial out?
Yes, you can.

HOW?

Outbound rule can be configured to route (intercept):
1. calls initiated by specific extensions/groups of extensions.
and/or
2. dialed numbers with specified number of digits(symbols). It is recommended to specify this value in the outbound rules.
and/or
3. dialed numbers started with specific prefixes.

It is not mandatory to add 9 before dialed number.
For example:
empty prefix
Calls to numbers with length of: 5-15
strip digits - 0
prepend empty

This rule will be triggered for any dialed number with length from 5 to 15 digits(symbols), initiated by any extension. Dialed number will be passed to provider/line without modification.

Outbound rule can be configured to route (intercept):
1. calls initiated by specific extensions/groups of extensions.
and/or
2. dialed numbers with specified number of digits(symbols). It is recommended to specify this value in the outbound rules.
and/or
3. dialed numbers started with specific prefixes.

It is not mandatory to add 9 before dialed number.
For example:
empty prefix
Calls to numbers with length of: 5-15
strip digits - 0
prepend empty

This rule will be triggered for any dialed number with length from 5 to 15 digits(symbols), initiated by any extension. Dialed number will be passed to provider/line without modification.[/quote]

I was able to get rid of the 9 but now i still have to dial 1+Areacode + 7 Digit number even locally is there a way to make this go away as well or at least get rid of the 1 ?

If your provider requires to dial 1+areacode+7digits and you need to simplify dialing for the users then create three rules.
For example:
Area code is 3 digits and your area code is 211
so, three rules will help you to simplify dialing:
First rule:
length of dialed number is 7 digits
Strip 0, prepend 1211

Second rule:
length of dialed number is 10 digits
strip 0, prepend 1

Third rule:
Prefix 1
length of dialed number 11
strip 0, prepend nothing

User will be able to reach 7 digits local number, other areas without need to add 1, and can dial full number required by the provider.
So if you need to reach local number 1234567
Then you can dial

PBX will always dial 12111234567 as required by the provider's line.
Another solution is to use e164 processing rules.
It is slightly more complicated, but it will care about dialing plan required by your lines.

You also have to keep in mind any "special" numbers that are less that 7 digits long, and create an outbound rule to handle them. Things like the X11 series in North America.

Some areas have special 7 digit numbers that do not require an area code, places like pizza delivery services sometimes use them. You'd need to figure out how your provider, if you use VoIP, handles those.

And don't forget International calls, if you have a need to dial those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.