Dialing # in 3CX Phone 4.0.12964.0

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bluenetwork, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluenetwork

I have mentioned that die # character does not work when I use my keyboard. The DTMF sound is playing but the sign is not shown in the display of the soft phone.

When I use the mouse and click on the # key on the soft phone it works as expected.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Mine works just fine, maybe your keyboard settings are incorrect, or set on a specific language that the phone might not detect to well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluenetwork

I have tested it again with RC1 (3CX Phone 4.0.13336.0) and I can reproduce the issue on a Windows 7 and on a Windows XP system. Keyboard layout is Swiss German. Here are the steps I do:

I leave the phone hooked on. I enter the # key on the keyboard. I can hear the DTMF sound but there is no # sign shown in the display of the soft phone. When I repeat the procedure with the mouse instead of the keyboard the # sign appears in the display.

Perhaps you have established a call first before using the # key. We need calling phone numbers with the # char for special purposes of our carrier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.