Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dialing outbound rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by turnstoneltd, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turnstoneltd

Using 3CX PS v11

I have an inbound rule set up for 01 234 5678
    I dial 01 234 5678 from my extension
    The call matches an outbound rule and is sent out to the voice gateway
    The call is then sent back to the voice gateway
    The call matches the inbound rule
    The call rings as expected

How can I make the call not go out to the voice gateway (because the call is essentially internal)?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This came up a few years ago, and on one computer I bookmarked the thread because I was sure it would come up again. Can't find the bookmark, and a search in the forums is turning up nothing, but it is there, somewhere, archived. in the forums.

What it comes down to. is creating a loop trunk. This is off the top of my head so some of it may be incorrect or missing...

You create a new trunk group, call it "Loop", or something. It will go to IP 127.0.0.1 . It is going to come right back into 3CX.
    For each of the external numbers that you want to ring an extension, you must create a new outbound rule. This rule, or rules should be place ahead of the general catch-all rule for all other similar numbers (the ones you do want to go outside).
    The rule will delete the dialled digits (or some of them) and substitute (or leave behind) the SIP ID associated with the extension you are calling, essentially, a direct SIP call (you may need to enable direct SIP calls on the PBX as well).

Be sure that the extension you are calling has the SIP ID set to match the digits that the outbound rule converts to.

Hopefully you can get that working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.